Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Herb Garden

I frequently hear "I planted an herb garden but it died , I guess that I just don't have a green thumb" . Actually ,herbs are very easy plants to grow. They thrive in the ground or in pots. Herb gardening in Florida is a little different then in cooler climates. Often adjustments need to be made. For example, instructions such as "plant in full sun" may really mean plant in partial shade here in Florida. Planting dates are often vastly different then for the rest of the country. My herb garden is rich in basil, sage, aloe, stevia, thyme ,and rosemary right now. My chamomile, calandula,and dill,coriander have been harvested . My mint is doing well this year as is its relative ,catnip. I welcome questions and would love to hear how your Florida herb garden is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment